Elbow River Pathway
Join us for Cinderella at Opera in the Village, an adaptation by Rob Herriot of two operas; Gioacchino Rossini’s La Cenerentola and Jules Massenet’s Cendrillon. This one-act opera is a perfect introduction to opera, and fun for the entire family.
Please note the Cinderella requires audience participation! Four children from the audience will be asked to act as ‘mice’ to help with Cinderella’s ball gown and guide her coach!
The pianist for Cinderella is Kimberley Bartczak, with Set & Costume Design by Hanne Loosen. See below for the full cast list.
Tickets for Cinderella are $15. Children under 2 who do not require a seat are free. If you have a carseat, or a child that requires a seat, all fees are $15.00. TO PURCHASE TICKETS FOR SATURDAY, AUGUST 12 AND SUNDAY, AUGUST 13, PLEASE COME TO OUR BOX OFFICE TENT AT ENMAX PARK AT THE HOURS LISTED BELOW. The Mamdani Opera Centre Box Office on 1315 - 7 Street SW is now closed, as our Box Office has moved to ENMAX Park.
Cinderella Performance Information - Please Read
Box Office Hours at Opera in the Village:
Friday, August 11 - 7:00 pm (ENMAX Park, Box Office Tent, beside the Mainstage Tent)
Saturday, August 12 - 11:00 am (same location as above)
Sunday, August 13 - 11:00 am (same located as above)
Thursday, August 17 - 7:00 pm (ENMAX Park, Box Office Tent, beside the Mainstage Tent)
Friday, August 18 - 7:00 pm (same location as above)
Saturday, August 19 - 11:00 am (same location as above)
Sunday, August 20 - 11:00 am (same location as above)
- Doors to the Mainstage Tent for each performance are open one half hour prior to the performance (11:30 am for Cinderella)
- The Mainstage Tent is not air-conditioned, however each of the sides open easily for air circulation.
- If you haven't been to ENMAX Park before, download the location Map here
- Cinderella performances are located in a purpose-built Mainstage Tent with seating provided
- Seating is GENERAL ADMISSION for Cinderella, which means NOT assigned, so it is first-come, first-served.
- Come early! Parking is $15.00 and is through Calgary Stampede. Lot 2 is the closest to the Mainstage Tent. You will have to walk across the footbridge to get to the Mainstage Tent after parking (about a 5 minute walk for able walkers)
- If you have a Alberta Disabled Parking Card, please show to the Parking Attendant/Volunteer and they will direct you to drop off appropriately by the Tent.
- If you have reduced mobility, but do not have a Alberta Disabled Parking Card, you may have the vehicle drop you off at the Mainstage Tent, but no parking can be provided by the Tent. Please see the Parking Attendant/Volunteer for this information.
- If you are riding a bicycle, there are bike racks available around the Park to secure your bicycle
- If taking the CTrain, the best station to get off at is Victoria Park Station, and walk through Stampede Park, and walk in between the Saddledome and the Agricultural Building on Agricultural Trail to get to ENMAX Park, and walk across the footbridge. This takes approximately 10 - 15 minutes for able walkers.
- Before the performances at 12:00 noon, you may want to eat prior to coming, but there is a Food Truck and concession available.