Students Only Dress Rehearsals
FOR STUDENTS ONLY DRESS REHEARSALS
Be sure to mark your calendars!
Calgary Opera is pleased to offer students the opportunity to see a complete opera at only $18 per ticket! Group seating is available, students must hold a valid student ID, and a limited number of adult chaperones is permitted.
We are now accepting School Bookings for the 2016-2017 Season
2016-2017 Dress Rehearsal Performances
Die Fledermaus - November 17th, 2016
By Johann Strauss
Experience this classic Viennese operetta full of high-jinks and hilarity, where a masked ball thrown by a Russian prince leads to mistaken identities and eventually…jail.
This was Johann Strauss’ most beloved operatic work, and is filled with the infectious melodies that made him so famous.
By John Estacio & John Murrell - February 2nd, 2017
In celebration of Canada's 150th birthday, we invite you to get swept up in this true Alberta story of unexpected love and its tragic consequences. Filumena, an Italian immigrant in a loveless marriage, finds passion in a forbidden affair. When faced with a lie, she finds truth in herself.
Filumena, a Calgary Opera new work (originally co-commissioned and produced with The Banff Centre), had its world premiere in 2003. It opened to rave reviews, and is now the most produced Canadian grand opera in history.
Turandot - March 30th
By Giacomo Puccini
Revel in Princess Turandot’s defiance, as she sentences potential suitors who can’t answer her three riddles to death. She meets her match when confronted by the clever Prince Calaf who tries to melt her icy heart with a game of his own.
Turandot was so popular, it made its way around the world a year after opening in Milan in 1926, and features the beautiful Nessun Dorma.
*Please note all of our opera’s display English surtitles above the stage!
Emily Forrest, Education & Outreach Coordinator
Individual Bookings: (Calgary Opera Box Office)
GENERAL DRESS REHEARSAL TICKET POLICY
- Tickets are $18 and can be purchased by individual full time students with valid student ID (ID presented at Will Call if being picked up, OR in advance in person or via scan/email if tickets are being mailed).
- $18 tickets can also be purchased in group bookings through youth organizations and schools. Group bookings by schools and youth organizations require a ratio of nine youth/students to one adult. (exceptions apply to group bookings made by Lets Create an Opera schools, see below) Student ID is not required for group bookings by schools and youth organizations.
- Individual ticket purchases by students are limited to one per student.
- Group bookings receive every tenth ticket free of charge.
- Group bookings are organized through Emily Forrest, Education and Outreach Coordinator; Individual tickets are purchased directly through Calgary Opera Box Office.
- Adult supervisors are responsible for students while in the auditorium.
- Dress Rehearsal tickets are assigned seating in First and Second balconies.
- Tickets must be paid for by credit card, cash or cheque at least three weeks prior to the Dress performance. After this point held tickets will be released. If there are any amendments to the number of tickets required by a group booking, we would appreciate knowing as soon as possible and no amendments can be made after the three week point when the payment is due.
- Once payment is received, tickets may be picked up in advance (recommended for large groups) or at Will Call. Please note tickets may not be paid for at Will Call upon pick up. Payment must be received three weeks prior to the dress rehearsal.
- A Study Guide including links to downloadable music highlights is available on our website approximately four weeks prior to each rehearsal.
- All performances take place in the Jubilee Auditorium unless otherwise noted and begin promptly at 7:00 pm.
- ALL SALES FINAL-NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. ( for group bookings, in the event of a snowstorm, tickets can be deferred to another performance)