Students Only Dress Rehearsals
FOR STUDENTS ONLY DRESS REHEARSALS
Be sure to mark your calendars!
Calgary Opera is pleased to offer students the opportunity to see a complete opera at only $15 per ticket! Group seating is available, students must hold a valid student ID, and a limited number of adult chaperones is permitted.
We are now accepting School Bookings for the 2015-2016 Season
2015-2016 Dress Rehearsal Performances
LAKME – November 19th, 2015
By Leo Delibes
Lakme is a tale of love and betrayal amidst India’s temple ruins as a Hindu Priestess defies her father’s wishes to be with the British officer who has her heart. A visual and musical feast!
DIE TOTE STADT, THE DEAD CITY – January 28th, 2016
By Erich Korngold
Hauntingly sumptuous music envelopes a story of emptiness and abandonment in a man’s fight for sanity as his world is tormented by desire for a seductress who bears a striking resemblance to his ghostly love.
THE MAGIC FLUTE – April 14th, 2016
By Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Mozart’s fantasy tale of love and the triumph of virtue set in ancient times. A queen entices a young prince in order to free her beautiful daughter from the clutches of her priestly nemesis. The Magic Flute will mesmerize with music and enchant with all things opera-grand.
Please note all of our opera’s display English surtitles above the stage!
Emily Forrest, Education & Outreach Coordinator
Individual Bookings: (Calgary Opera Box Office)
GENERAL DRESS REHEARSAL TICKET POLICY
- Tickets are $15 and can be purchased by individual full time students with valid student ID (ID presented at Will Call if being picked up, OR in advance in person or via scan/email if tickets are being mailed).
- $15 tickets can also be purchased in group bookings through youth organizations and schools. Group bookings by schools and youth organizations require a ratio of nine youth/students to one adult. (exceptions apply to group bookings made by Lets Create an Opera schools, see below) Student ID is not required for group bookings by schools and youth organizations.
- Individual ticket purchases by students are limited to one per student.
- Group bookings receive every tenth ticket free of charge.
- Group bookings are organized through Emily Forrest, Education and Outreach Coordinator; Individual tickets are purchased directly through Calgary Opera Box Office.
- Adult supervisors are responsible for students while in the auditorium.
- Dress Rehearsal tickets are assigned seating in First and Second balconies.
- Tickets must be paid for by credit card, cash or cheque at least three weeks prior to the Dress performance. After this point held tickets will be released. If there are any amendments to the number of tickets required by a group booking, we would appreciate knowing as soon as possible and no amendments can be made after the three week point when the payment is due.
- Once payment is received, tickets may be picked up in advance (recommended for large groups) or at Will Call. Please note tickets may not be paid for at Will Call upon pick up. Payment must be received three weeks prior to the dress rehearsal.
- A Study Guide including links to downloadable music highlights is available on our website approximately four weeks prior to each rehearsal.
- All performances take place in the Jubilee Auditorium unless otherwise noted and begin promptly at 7:00 pm.
- ALL SALES FINAL-NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. ( for group bookings, in the event of a snowstorm, tickets can be deferred to another performance)