So You Think You Can Sing Opera?
Think you have what it takes to be an opera star?
Here's your chance to prove it!
Apply for Calgary Opera’s SO YOU THINK YOU CAN SING OPERA contest -
August 23rd & 24th, 2013 - as part of OPERA IN THE VILLAGE
Chosen contestants will have a chance to perform on the Side Stage at the Festival site in East Village in front of our qualified judges. On the second afternoon, three finalists will then be chosen to compete for the grand prize.
CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTS:
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
- Cannot have professional status such as Equity
- Should possess a basic knowledge of the art form
1. Fill out the attached application: Click here to download the application form
2. Send in the application accompanied with:
- A letter of intent outlining your reasons for participating in the contest
- A resume of Curriculum Vitae
- A video, CD or DVD (preferred) of yourself singing, maximum 3 minutes please
- A headshot of yourself, only if submitting a CD
- The names of two selections that you would be willing to sing, with piano accompaniment (provided) at the event - Arias are preferred but not necessary (selections should be varied)
Please note that eight applicants will be selected to sing on August 23rd at 6pm with three finalists chosen to compete for first prize on August 24th at 5:30pm
DEADLINE HAS BEE EXTENDED TO: July 15, 2013
Applications may be mailed or dropped off to:
1315 – 7th St. SW
- 13/14 Calgary Opera seasons tickets
- An opportunity to participate in select classes with Calgary Opera’s Emerging Artist program
- A position with the Calgary Opera Chorus for one opera production of the season
- A trophy!
Second Place: 13/14 seasons tickets
Third Prize: 2 tickets to a Calgary Opera production of your choice
For more information please call:
Emily Forrest, Education and Community
Outreach Coordinator, Calgary Opera – email@example.com
Where & When
- aug 23
- 6:00PM Side Stage - East Village Festival site
- aug 24
- 5:30PM Side Stage - East Village Festival site