Friends of Calgary Opera
Calgary Opera’s community initiatives are fuelled by the support of people like you, who believe that investing in the arts means investing in a better community. The Friends of Calgary Opera membership program recognizes that all gifts are important, large or small, and that the annual fund supporting Calgary Opera programming and community activities, keeps opera thriving in our city.
Music consoles and uplifts us, helps connect us to our friends and neighbours, and inspires us to be better people. Calgary Opera programs, like Let’s Create an Opera and the Opera in Schools tour, enrich the lives of tens of thousands of students and community members every year with the help of donors like you.
Please consider becoming a Friend of Calgary Opera today to help ensure that Opera remains a vibrant and essential part of our community. For more information or to join the Impresario email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Shevonne Brodeur (Development Manager) at 403-802-3409.
This year we invite you to the Step Up for the Opera! during the 2016 $100,000 Matching Gift Program, inspired by a generous legacy gift from the Late Mario Stella. The Stella Fund will match the benefits of any new donations as well as matching any increase in giving by renewing donors who gave in 2015. This coupled with the debut of the Friends of Calgary Opera Membership Program means giving to the opera is even more beneficial both to you and your community.
Membership Level and Benefits
SUPPORTING FRIEND $100 - $249
- Membership card that recognizes you as a Friend of Calgary Opera donor that gives you a 10% discount on extra single tickets to mainstage performances & Calgary Opera merchandise, and a discount at participating Calgary Opera partner establishments such as Kensington Wine Market and Peaseblossoms Flowers.
- Behind the Scenes backstage tour of each mainstage production.*
- Invitation to Season Announcement Open House in March.
- Subscription to the Bravo! Newsletter, mailed to donors quarterly.
CONTRIBUTING FRIEND $250 - $499
- All of the above benefits, plus:
- Two tickets to one mainstage dress rehearsal of your choice.
- Advanced opportunity to purchase single tickets two weeks before they go on sale to the public.
SUSTAINING FRIEND $500 - $1,249
All of the above benefits, plus:
- Opportunity for two to attend a working rehearsal of one production.*
- Invitation to attend one Impresario Circle Soirée cocktail reception.
*Upon request, based on availability