1415 14th Ave. NW
The Barber of Seville
Notice About Parking:
Parking at Jubilee
Please note there is a new system for parking at the Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium. Parking is $7.00 per vehicle, with exact cash or credit card payment available.
If you don't use the App, you must use the parking machine located in the North Lot or Parkade. Please select the $7.00 parking option. To avoid confusion, please do not select the "opera" button.
Ticket Exchanges: Please note ticket exchanges are no longer available.
Senior and student rates available. Seniors must be 65 and older, while students must present valid and current student ID.
Our season opens with this classic, one of the world’s most-popular comic operas. Escape into the hilarious high-jinx of Count Almaviva, as he plots against Doctor Bartolo (with the help of the town barber – and jack of all trades - Figaro), to win the love of the beautiful Rosina.
Expect lots of laughs, and Rossini’s most famous music.
Watch Conductor Topher Mokrzewski talk about the music of The Barber of Seville
The Barber of Seville Fun Facts
- The story was based on Beaumarchais French comedy Le Barbier de Séville (1775)
- It premiered in Rome in 1816
- The entire opera was composed in less 3 weeks
- Rossini wrote an average of 2 operas/year for 19 years, for a total 38 operas!
- He then retired and lived 40 years without composing anything!!
- Opening night was a huge failure - the audience hissed and booed; 200 years later the opera is the 7th most performed opera in the world