1415 14th Ave. NW
The Barber of Seville
*SINGLE TICKETS GO ON SALE JULY 4
Our season opens with this classic, one of the world’s most-popular comic operas. Escape into the hilarious high-jinx of Count Almaviva, as he plots against Doctor Bartolo (with the help of the town barber – and jack of all trades - Figaro), to win the love of the beautiful Rosina.
Expect lots of laughs, and Rossini’s most famous music.
Learn more about The Barber of Seville HERE
The Barber of Seville Fun Facts
- The story was based on Beaumarchais French comedy Le Barbier de Séville (1775)
- It premiered in Rome in 1816
- The entire opera was composed in less 3 weeks
- Rossini wrote an average of 2 operas/year for 19 years, for a total 38 operas!
- He then retired and lived 40 years without composing anything!!
- Opening night was a huge failure - the audience hissed and booed; 200 years later the opera is the 7th most performed opera in the world
- Save up to 60% over single tickets when purchasing a subscription
- Keep the same seats for every performance, and for every year you subscribe
- Get 20% off additional tickets purchased for productions and special events (does not apply to already discounted tickets, such as student rates or seniors rates. Does not include Dress Rehearsal tickets for Students Only.)
- Free ticket exchanges between performance nights
- Advance notice and pre-order capability for special events and performances
- Special offer incentives to other arts and culture performances through our partners