1415 14th Ave. NW
We continue our mainstage productions with an epic Russian masterpiece. Tatyana is introduced to the dashing Onegin and immediately falls in love. He coldly rejects her. His choice to flirt with Olga, fiancée of his friend Lensky, results in a heart-stopping duel between the two. Years later, Onegin realizes he loves Tatyana, however it is too late. Escape into Tchaikovsky’s beautiful soaring arias and orchestral music.
Expect to see a new Calgary Opera production of this classic.
Thank you to BMO for being the Production Sponsor for Eugene Onegin
Eugene Onegin Fun Facts
- Eugene Onegin is the 16th most-produced opera in the world
- It premiered in Moscow in 1879
- It's based on a novel written in verse by Alexander Pushkin, first published in 1883
- The opera is episodic; there is no continuous story, just selected highlights of Onegin's life
- Save up to 60% over single tickets when purchasing a subscription
- Keep the same seats for every performance, and for every year you subscribe
- Get 20% off additional tickets purchased for productions and special events (does not apply to already discounted tickets, such as student rates or seniors rates. Does not include Dress Rehearsal tickets for Students Only.)
- Free ticket exchanges between performance nights
- Advance notice and pre-order capability for special events and performances
- Special offer incentives to other arts and culture performances through our partners
- Access to exclusive behind-the-scenes videos, interviews and pre-show chats