1415 14th Ave. NW
TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR!
You can purchase tickets at the Box Office at Jubilee Auditorium beginning at 6:30 pm. Student rush tickets available with VALID Student I.D.
Ticket Information: Please note there are no refunds on tickets.
Our final production of the season is one of the world’s most-produced and beloved operas. Tosca, a famous opera singer, becomes the object of affection of two men, Scarpia, the Chief of Police and her true love, Cavaradossi, a famous painter. When a tragic betrayal strikes, Tosca takes revenge and makes the ultimate sacrifice to be with her one true love.
Expect to be moved by this famously tragic story and Puccini’s superb score.
Listen to the CBC Eyeopener Interview
with Ambur Braid, Soprano (Tosca)
Thank you to Tosca Production Sponsor: Nexen a CNOOC Limited Company
Learn more about Tosca HERE
6:30 pm (prior to each performance on Sturday, April 14, Wednesday, April 18 and Friday, April 20)
Jubilee Auditorium - Main Floor
FREE to attend for all performance ticket holders
Dive into the world of Tosca before each performance, with a Pre-Show Chat on the background, music and story of Tosca. Featuring Cody Obst, Pianist, conductor, vocal coach, and organist.
Tosca Fun Facts
- Tosca is 5th most-produced opera in the world
- It was first performed in 1900, at the end of Romantic period, and start of Verismo Period
- Verismo is synonymous with Italian composers, who base their works on real people and real stories
- Tosca was based on a successful play by Victorein Sardou
- The character of Tosca is based off famous actress Sarah Bernhardt
- The libretto was written by Illica & Giacosa, who also wrote La Bohème