1415 14th Ave. NW
Our final production of the season is one of the world’s most-produced and beloved operas. Tosca, a famous opera singer, becomes the object of affection of two men, Scarpia, the Chief of Police and her true love, Cavaradossi, a famous painter. When a tragic betrayal strikes, Tosca takes revenge and makes the ultimate sacrifice to be with her one true love.
Expect to be moved by this famously tragic story and Puccini’s superb score.
Thank you to Nexen a CNOOC Limited Company for being the Production Sponsor for Tosca
Learn more about Tosca HERE
Tosca Fun Facts
- Tosca is 5th most-produced opera in the world
- It was first performed in 1900, at the end of Romantic period, and start of Verismo Period
- Verismo is synonymous with Italian composers, who base their works on real people and real stories
- Tosca was based on a successful play by Victorein Sardou
- The character of Tosca is based off famous actress Sarah Bernhardt
- The libretto was written by Illica & Giacosa, who also wrote La Bohème